Sunday, April 30, 2006

The first Autocross that I've gone to this year...

Unofficially, I placed third out of the four women in the WC class racing today. My best time was 1:08:50. The winning time was 1:03:48 and my husband’s best time was 1:07:55 so I was less than a second behind him (but he's not in my class!) That should put me 4th in points for the year. So, as long as I go to more races than at least one other person I should get a trophy (they give 3). We're really hoping that we don't have to go to the Wendover race since that will mean we'll need a new set of tires (really bad tarmac).
The next Autocross will be May 21st (the day after the GMAT - what a great way to unwind?)
Of course, the rest of the women in my class are all Boxster Girls which means that I have a heavier car which is harder to turn so I'm even happier. If we got racing slicks, it would put me in a different class where there are no other women (so as long as I went to 4 races in that class I would have a trophy). So the question is: is my ego big enough that I would spend money on a set of tires that would only be used 4 times this year?
Either that or I need to find someone who would let me use their 944 at four autocross events....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home