Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Insomnia and Cars...

I usually revel in my insomnia, except for tonight it just seems a little off. Usually I get a ton done during my bouts of insomnia - house cleaning, stitching, quilting, and reading. Tonight, however, I'm sitting here aimlessly surfing the Internet and that is not an efficient use of time.
I guess I could pack for Vegas but that would probably disturb my sleeping husband. I could hit the treadmill, that might even make me tired enough to go to sleep. However, it could also give me an energy boost and then where would I be?
The kitchen could use a good scrubbing but that just doesn't sound much fun at all, especially since the stove is filthy after the boys boiled over the Mac and Cheese.
I have a ton to do at work tomorrow so that I can leave for Vegas. Maybe that's the problem; I'm trying to work in my head instead of doing anything constructive around the house.
I have laundry that could be folded, new fabrics to put away, a table that’s been collecting paper that could use sorting. The last of the Harry Potter Quilts is on the frame and has maybe 6 to 8 hours of work left on it (which of course means that I have absolutely no desire to even look at it, stupid completion anxiety complex).
I'm not looking for a cure for my insomnia; I really do enjoy having 2 -3 hours for myself at night. And I’m not complaining about having insomnia, I just don't like it when I feel like I'm wasting the extra time that I’ve been given.
Maybe it is time to go to bed; I need to have the car at the dealership in the morning since it really hasn’t been aligned well since they repaired it after the Dodge Neon drove under it.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been almost 2 years since that happened. I just haven’t felt the same about the truck since then. Tonight I saw the ads for the new Mustang. I wonder if I could get a good trade on the ’66 in exchange for a new one. I just love that image actually, driving up to the dealership in the red ’66 Mustang that has me listed as the second owner and asking them if the new one will last just as long. Except I think I want Ice Blue or that new chameleon paint that goes teal to purple. I just don’t want a car payment though so it will have to wait. There is supposed to be a Shelby style model in 2007 and who knows what Saleen will do to it. Then again, I could get a used Boxster (Porsche) for the same price. I do like my truck though, there aren’t too many ¼ ton Chevy trucks with pink and purple detailing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home