Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Starting on the project for the State Fair.

I have to admit that I’m the youngest person in Needlepoint class. I don’t think it’s an age thing though as much as a cash and time thing. Painted canvases are expensive if they’re hand painted to the stitch. Bad canvases are available on eBay for a quarter apiece but I don’t like working on those. Money aside, it take’s time to make nice perfect stitches. Yes, I’m one of those people that stitch to perfection. I’ll rip things out if they aren’t exactly the way that I want them. Anyway, today in class the subject of physical beauty came up (the class teacher is giving a church lesson on the topic). She said she was looking for an example of pictures of good looking guys for her lesson. Funny me had the old SEAL teams calendar in my car since it was getting ready to ship out for a good cause. I have never seen so many white haired women grab for a calendar. It definitely got passed around and drooled over. One woman made the comment, I may not have anyone at home but it still feels good to dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home