Saturday, April 29, 2006

I just finished...

A one hour bike ride. I've decided that I need a padded seat let's face it, my bum was a lot smaller 20 years ago when I was last on a bike. I haven't been on a street bike in that long just the ones in the gym and their saddles aren't the hard skinny kind and I want gloves. My hands kept going numb on the handlebars. I'm not sure if that's from the overuse tendonitis in my elbows or another problem. My biggest fear in life is not losing my sight (although that would be horrid); it's losing the use of my fingers.
If I can see and not use my hands, I would be longing for the things I can't do. Stitching, crochet, needlepoint, typing this blog, hand quilting. So many things for which I need my hands. If I lost my sight, I would still have the desire for those many things but if even I can't see to do them, I can still listen to audio books and type using an audio response system so I'm not as isolated as if I lost the use of my hands. It's amazing what ADA and technology have done and how far they've come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home