Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday, must be time for bellydancing!!!

Today in bellydance, we did a fusion step. It’s a cha-cha step but done with bellydance moves. We did it with a shoulder shimmy, a hip drop, a hip raise and another fusion, a touch of flamenco. There are only 3 more classes until my teacher goes on vacation. She’s taking a wish list to Egypt and Turkey. I figure I’m still new enough that I have no clue what I would even put on the list. She says she tries to go at least once a year. Maybe in a year or two, I’ll have an appreciation of what to get. So if you had a friend going to a foreign country, what would you have them put on their shopping/shipping list for you?

On another note, after class, I helped my aunt sorted out the medical bills and EOB's from my deceased uncle's cancer treatment. I can't believe how messed up doctor's billing offices are. They either have no clue how to read an insurance EOB or they just don't want to take their contractual write offs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

Oh they know how to read an EOB. They're hoping that by sending a bill to the patient - especially an elderly patient or a single parent of a sick child - that they'll get more money than they're contractually entitled to. I've gone through it quite a few times and every time, the insurance company has advised me exactly what the contract with the provider allows for payment. Armed with that information, I've gotten every single one of those "you still owe this much" bills negated.

Even in medicine, it's all about profit. And any money they can collect from a patient over and above contract is pure profit.

July 27, 2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger Autumn said...

I feel your pain over EOBs. For awhile we have double insurance on the kids and their pediatrician wouldn't automatically bill the second insurance so I had to do all that myself. It was such a massive pain. I'm still waiting on the insurance to pay for home health care for Maria when she was born and she's over 2 years old now!

July 31, 2006 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home