Friday, July 21, 2006

More Paint...

This afternoon demonstrated an additional difference between oil and acrylic. The canvas is sitting in front of the basement window. With the sun coming through, I can see light through the acrylic side of the canvas. The oil is opaque.
The brush strokes have dried and it’s easy to see the frantic, frenetic pace I was using with the acrylic. It looks hectic, slapped together. The oil is smooth, flowing, calming. I realize this is just a practice canvas, something to experiment with but I love what is coming out of the brush. When it’s dry enough to add more, I may actually put other colors on it.

My tuition for this semester is paid. Now all that’s left is to figure out how to pay the added monthly gas for the commute. It will work out, it all does. It comes back to small economies paying for the larger ones.

Now back to homework...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home