Monday, March 06, 2006

Something to start working on...

I tried on my wedding dress a few days ago. Did you ever consider that your arms gain weight? The dress came over my shoulders, bust, and hips with no problem. The problem arose when I tried to pull the sleeves up. My dress had big poofy sleeves based on a dress from the 1940’s that a friend owned. The problem is that the sleeve is actually a form fitting sleeve with the poofy stuff attached to it. The sleeves got stuck on my elbows. It’s true I’m about 10, okay well really 15, pounds heavier than I was on my wedding day. But I thought that was congregated on my hips and belly. I didn’t think about my arms but there was the proof. I couldn’t pull up the sleeves that slid so nicely on my wedding day in 1987. I didn’t think my arms were a problem, I will admit that I can’t bench press what I used to but my arms don’t have that old lady hanging flab on them either. But when I flex, I don’t get a defined muscle line anymore. I guess it’s time to use the weights at the gym.

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Hey Stasha,
We have a couple of things in common (other than cross stitch, quilting, etc.) I'm also 15 lbs. heavier than I was on my wedding day, and I also turn 40 this year.

March 07, 2006 7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home