Sunday, August 20, 2006

First night at college....

Tonight is my daughter’s first night in her new dorm room. Tonight there are 3 of the six each in a separate room. She has rice, fettuccine, alfredo sauce, and soy. Two of her violins are with her and one of her roommates wants violin lessons. Yes, the cheerleader is a blonde and my girl is the shortest in the room so far. My girl is so easy going, it seems like everything rolls off her back. I hope she’s ready for roommates. This is the true test of whether or not I’ve done my job right as a parent. Is she ready for this adventure? Is she capable of standing on her own? Balancing her checkbook? Staying on a budget? Is she strong enough to not let others manipulate her and smart enough to see when they are doing it? If not, she’ll learn and she’ll grow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Onilyn said...

((((hugs)))

She'll be just fine.

August 20, 2006 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home