Thursday, January 24, 2008

I thought my teenagers were more responsible...

As I'm walking out the door to teach my community school class, I tell the 14 year old "Don't forget to feed your father." Three hours later when I call home, my husband tells me that he's starved and he's asked the kids for dinner three times. The responses were "I'm not hungry." "Later, in a minute." and "Uh-huh, which resulted in a bowl of spoiled lettuce being put close enough to the bed to make him sick.

So when I got home with a Wendy's bag for the hubby, I told the kids that 9 pm was way too late for them to eat and (this is so old-fashioned) they could go to bed without supper. Maybe it will help them realize that they need to take better care of their dad when I'm not home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home