Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What happens in a house with no cable or dish...

I live in a house with no cable TV. We read. I thought I would share this year's main Barnes and Noble receipt with everyone. Yes, that is 5 and 1/2 paperbacks long and I had to hit two other stores to get the missing books from the series. Strangely enough, only 3 or 4 of the entries on that receipt are mine, 2 were for charity, but all the rest are for the children. Yes, all those books are for the kids and they spent the rest of Christmas vacation reading (Most of it was Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe's series for my 14 year old). Christmas vacation was a reading paradise when I was growing up. Aunts would be at the house so I was excused from a lot of the cleaning since they and my mom had control of the kitchen. This meant I had time to curl up behind the pine tree with the books I got for Christmas and devour them. It's wonderful to see my kids doing the same thing. Oh and for the record, this year Barnes and Noble paid me $74.32 to renew my membership - yes, it's a lot to spend on books but my kids are worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suz said...

The number one rule my mother always followed was that we could read at any time. We could have whatever book we wanted, and we'd either buy bunches at book fairs or spend a lot of time at the library. I think it was her greatest parenting "trick."

Of course, I had to click on the picture to look at the books. I love the Incarnations of Immortality series, I still have all of the ones I bought in High school.

January 22, 2008 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home