Friday, February 02, 2007

Another first for me.

I had a Pepperment Hot Chocolate with Skim milk from Starbucks this morning.

We had a vendor who was buying and insisted that there had to be something at Starbucks that he could buy for me. I have never ordered anything from Starbucks although I have been to one in Las Vegas with friends. As for the drink I got, lets just say that I've better hot chocolate from the small independent shop by my son's trumpet teacher. And it definitely doesn't hold a candle to the cocoa my DH makes.
My admin asst says I should have gone for a caramel steamer - whatever that is.

So, tell me what your first trip to Starbucks was like or tell me about your best trip to Starbucks. Or who is better than Starbucks in your opinion.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn L in Chicago said...

The only thing I'll get at Starbucks is peppermint hot chocolate, and you're totally right, it's meh at best. And the h.c without mint? Blech. I'm not a coffee drinker at all, so I can happily do without lattes and frappuccinos and all of that, and I dislike their teas. Yeah, I tried once upon a time. The only other thing I've ever liked there was an accident - they were making taster samples of an egg nog latte while I was getting my phc, and they didn't realize they forgot the coffee until after I'd commented that this was decent, I couldn't taste the coffee to screw up the egg nog. So basically what I had was steamed nog LOL.

February 02, 2007 11:11 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

There's a little hole in the wall here where I love to get coffee or tea. I don't know the name, but I can get there. And I won't drive there at night :)

Also, there's a place that makes home made icecream that has pretty good coffee.

And then there's Yummies on the island - they're pretty darn good.

I remember the first starbucks I had - I was working at MDAnderson. They have three coffee places in the hospital (at the time, anyway). Well eventually they just turned into a starbucks, and there wasn't anywhere else left to go, so I just started going there. I don't think it's that good, honestly, but it is convenient (we have a starbucks here on campus as well). My favorite time going had to be with you guys in Vegas. I'm still having a small blackberry green tea frappucino problem.

February 07, 2007 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home